Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Blackstone Village Scenery Update



A few weeks ago, excited by the prospect of getting into Frostgrave, I decided I would need more terrain if I was going to have a skirmish game BUT I didn't want to spend too much money or time. After getting my hands on cheap foam and recently making some other bits and pieces I thought I would put the stuff I have made so far down on a (small, 2.5 x 4.0 foot) table and see how it looks.

Granted, with the green mat it looks a little...strange, but it gives a sense of the stuff that I have put together over the past few weeks - all very cheaply:

x2 Storage box buildings (100 yen shop)
x1 three storey tower (100 yen shop foam)
x1 village pub (100 yen shop foam)
x3 peasant hovels (100 yen shop foam)
x7 destroyed walls (mini packing foam cut-offs)
x4 statues on plinths (empire minis and styrofoam board)
x6 treasure chest objective markers (100 yen shop pill cases)

Grand total (approx): US $6.00 - $7.00



So overall, if I am not going to paint it at this stage, I probably have the basis of the right kind of terrain here. However it still feels a bit "open". I think I need more scatter terrain, such as rubble, a couple more destroyed houses, and maybe barrels etc. I just need to find the time to make it!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...