Saturday, January 31, 2015

Finished High Elf Noble


The ranks of the Purple Sons slowly continue to grow, this time with the addition of a Noble. 

Along with the recent addition of Prince Althran, that significantly ups the potential leadership in the army if I ever play at larger points games (I imagine at 1,500 points I probably wouldn't have more than one noble, which would be my existing battle standard bearer.)

I followed the usual approach of undercoat, basecoats, washes, layers and highlights. Like the Althran model, I had a go at the eyes (NOT my favorite part of painting, but practice makes perfect - or at least should make perfect...I've got a long way to go until I feel comfortable doing eyes).

Finally I added some scratches to the shield, although these didn't come out as well as I'd hoped (unlike the gem on his belt, which felt like a "small" victory.) 

More pictures below.



If you've got any suggestions for improvement, please let me know in the comments.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...