Monday, February 17, 2014

Brother Luthor - Black Templars Dreadnought.


"Brother Luthor...
...Brother Luthor...
...Brother, can you hear me?"

++
++Subsystem Re-activation Routine Delta Bravo Initiated++
++checking++
++checking++
++COMPLETE++

++I...HEAR...YOU...BROTHER CADWELL++

"The Chapter calls, Brother Luthor. We have need of you."

++I...STAND...READY++

------
Have you ever had one of those moments when you looked back at a model you thought you had finished, and somehow, you realized it wasn't complete? I don't mean that it wasn't finished in a technical sense, but that somehow, there was something else that needed to be there?

I had that this morning.

The Dreadnought I thought I had finished the other day? Something "wasn't there". It struck me that he was no Templar, but that with a couple of touches he could be.

A shield and three purity seals.
These 4 items brought to mind a name, and a backstory!

Today, Brother Luthor joins the Chapter!
:-)

Here are a couple of photos to compare the Dreadnought as was, with the Brother Luthor that is!

Before... plain left panel
After: Shield on left panel. Purity seal under right panel.
x2 purity seals under las-cannon.
Another view of left side.

Sometimes, it is the little things in life!
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...