*Squeek*As planned earlier in the day, I got home and put in a couple more hours on the High Elf Archers.
More info after the photos...
(Due to this being a "Secret birthday gift" for my kids I can't take photos during the day so these haven't come out well - and as I am trying to rush a few snaps late at night I haven't setup any decent lighting.)
|Archer (Rank and File)|
I have to say that it usually takes a week to do a Clanrat unit of about 40 models, so the amount of time it is taking me to do these guys has surprised me. I think the main reasons are:
- The Skull White robes. I should definitely pick up some Ceramite White if it provides full cover in only one layer (but I am worried if that will mean the rest of the army will look slightly different from the archers and spearmen I have already done.)
- The details. Put together the headbands, belts, details on the bows and quivers etc and it adds up!
The good news is that I feel the robes and cloth are now done and I can move onto other areas.
Still to do:
- Drybrushing/ Highlights on everything. (Leather, skin etc.)
- Static grass
- Eyes (I HATE doing eyes, but hopefully it will get easier with practice.)
- Unit logo on the battle standard
- Movement tray
With a busy work schedule coming up I doubt I will get any painting done for another week or so now, so this may be my last update for a while...
p.s. I don't know how you like to relax while painting, but for me it is usually listening to documentaries. From this week I can recommend The Roman War Machine series. I am not always a big fan of the History Channel, but I love the way these re-enactors are so into their roles...