Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Chattering Horde thanks you...

*Squeek*

Many journeys have taken me away from my blog, but I have returned, and much, much has changed in the world of Warhammer.
1. ...The green things have many new reinforcements, both monstrous, and savage (and so we Skaven must build, build new and terrible ways for them to die!)

2.  ...and The Chattering Horde has received more than 20,000 page visits!

What does this mean?

Of course, for one thing it means that we Skaven shall conquer all, for surely the Children of the Horned Rat are without number. (Or at least, there are lots and lots of us!) Blessed be the followers of the Horned One.

For another, it means a big "Thank you" from me, Squeek Vermintide, to all those who have visited (and re-visited) The Chattering Horde! When I started this blog on May the 7th, 2010, it really was to try and keep myself motivated. I had collected and painted quite a large Tau Army for Warhammer 40K. I had found that it took me quite a while to paint those - so I was definitely worried about painting my first "Horde Army". I'd also been interested in trying to create my own blog, so saw this as a good opportunity to try out something on the web I hadn't done before. Finally, I thought that it might be one way to help other players who were totally new to Warhammer Fantasy Battles like myself. Although I had been a fan of GW and the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K systems for many years, I had no experience of actual gaming with WFB (and still don't as it turns out!) I actually just enjoyed the back-story, world and races etc. Painting an army would be a totally new thing and I was sure I would make a ton of mistakes along the way that others could learn from.

Now, I know 20,000 page views isn't a whole lot! Many of the blogs I look at have hundred of thousands of (very well-deserved!) visits and hundreds (or thousands) of followers. I'm just really happy because I when I started The Chattering Horde I really didn't think anyone would visit at all. As people started to visit, I actually started to pay more attention to the number, because it became another factor that motivated me to paint - people started to visit the Step-by-Step guides, and even to take the time to thank me for putting them up (you know who you are!).

So what happens now?

  1. I've haven't updated the site for the last few weeks, but I'm planning to change that in the next few days with a Step-by-Step guide for the Island of Blood Skaven Warlord.
  2. From March, when the job becomes (I hope) a little less hectic, I'll turn my attention to more painting. I still have a couple of key centerpiece models to do such as the Screaming Bell and Hell Pit Abomination, as well as core units such as Stormvermin, more slaves and more Clanrats.
  3. I'd like to do a few more polls regarding the forthcoming new models etc.
  4. I'd like to add some non-GW models to my Skaven army. (You've probably already read how much I like the Bane Legions range, which now has its own website btw.
  5. If I have time, I'll try to master You Tube and put up a couple of videos on the site of work-in-progress or the army as a whole.
So, thanks again to...
...everyone who has visited The Chattering Horde...
...the very inspirational websites for Skaven Generals that are out there... (The UnderEmpire being just one example!)
...those who have taken the time to encourage me by leaving comments. 

Connivingly yours,

*Squeek*

2 comments:

  1. Finally, Finally XD. I´ve regularly checked your blog, and was on the brink of losing hope it would ever see another entry. I almost returned to the previous page, since it started with the same picture of your previous blog, till the title stopped me in my tracks. Anyways, great to hear something from you again! And even better news, that you have a lot of topics and entries in mind for the future!

    I´m looking forward to it, and I wish you all the best with your current job! (No matter how great a hobby is, it shouldn't start messing up yer work or other social matters ;)

    Looking forward to upcomming entries


    Shendar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shendar, good to hear from you.

    Work should be slowing down in the next month or so, and then I'll be back up to speed!

    ;-)

    Squeek

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...